Travelstart is a market-leading Online Travel Agency. We operate globally, with a focus on the Middle
East and Africa. Online Travel is a fast-moving, complex domain; one that is unlikely to bore the
brightest of minds. We're a driven, enthusiastic team looking to disrupt the norm wherever we can.
Purpose of Role
Daily oversight and effective management of operations in the Travel Center. This involves sales,
issue resolutions, promotional developments and advisory services to all walk-in Travelstart intending
and current customers
- Deliver world-class customer experience
Drive increased sales and reduce losses
- Support and guide all customers with their queries such as ticket refunds, booking changes, ticket
issuance, schedule changes etc.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints in a creative and timely manner in order to maintain trust.
- Escalate client complaints or inquiries related to products or bookings
- Liaise with the broader Operations team to ensure customer resolution and satisfaction
- Relate with airlines and partners to find the best solution for clients
- Assist the team with identification of new strategies and action plans aimed at improving customer
centric service and company growth
Effective administration and reporting
- Create new bookings for customers using online and offline deals
- Increase sales on existing bookings by upselling Travelstart products, cabin classes etc.
- Reduce errors and losses by face-to-face engagement with the customer to enhance transactions with
Any other assigned duties
- Daily collection and collation of payments by cash or POS and remittance to Finance.
- Provide feedback that can help reduce traffic to the Travel Center.
- Monitor market trends in travel retail industry and competitor activity.
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of all customer communication channels.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Travelstart team.
- Effectively utilize customer Feedback to improve the Travel Center and internal processes where
- Bachelor degree or equivalent programs.
- Minimum of three (3) years in the travel industry.
- Good command of English Language (Reading, speaking and writing)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Amadeus, TCC and Travelstart systems
- Ability to issue tickets, process refunds, reissue tickets and flight schedule changes are a must for
- Computer skills with standard programs like G-Suite (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs), Microsoft
Office (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Reporting (Tableau, Qlik, Excel)
- High energy levels
- People management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- Proactive and Flexible
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Organisational and Time management skills
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. The reference
for this opportunity is “Travel Consultant”. Please insert this into the subject
line of your email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a
Please note that we reserve the right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will
discretion of Travelstart.
Travelstart is committed to transformation and redressing of past inequalities. Our employment equity
goals will be taken into account in our selection process.