Though the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is still confirming safety protocols for airports, here are some measures that we anticipate:
- All persons entering the terminal building and boarding aircraft are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Temperature screening will be conducted at the terminal building entrances before any passenger is allowed entry, and will be denied access should they have an elevated temperature or present with signs of being infected with COVID-19.
- All persons entering the terminal building and boarding aircraft are required to wash their hands and use hand sanitizers at intervals.
- All the airports will have markings on the floor for social distancing of 2 metres. This will be applicable at check-in counters and security checkpoints.
- Airline check-in agents will wear face shields and the counters will be installed with protective screens. Check-in counters will also be frequently sanitised.
- All airport personnel will wear masks.
- On arrival, all passengers must be screened as they enter the terminal building.