Ensure that you have all routine vaccinations before departing for Guatemala. Travellers should get vaccinations for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, rabies, yellow fever and malaria.
Tourists should remain vigilant while touring Guatemala. Stay safe in Guatemala by following these tips:
• Watch out for pick-pocketing, bag-snatching, bag-slitting in public spaces.
• Watch out for ATM card cloners at major tourist destinations.
• Do not carry large amounts of cash with you.
• Leave your valuables in your hotel’s safe.
• Do not flaunt your jewellery, cameras or cellphone in public.