Each guest is allowed to carry ONLY one item of hand baggage free of charge. It should weigh no more than 7 kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 35 x 20 cm.
In addition, a small handbag or laptop may also be taken on board provided it does not exceed 40 x 30 x 15 cm. It must be placed under the seat directly in front of you. Mothers with infants may also take a small bag containing immediate use items.
Should any hand luggage exceed the dimensions mentioned above, it will be checked in and charged as hold baggage at airport prices.
Checked baggage is NOT included in the price of your fastjet ticket when purchasing a BigSaver fare product but is included in the Achiever fare product. It may include but is not limited to suitcases, baby buggies, rucksacks, tents and any mobility equipment such as, wheelchairs, mobility aid devices and walking frames. It must be checked in at the airport before departure.
If you will be travelling with a lot of luggage, we suggest booking the Achiever fare which includes one free checked bag.
If you would prefer to book the BigSaver fare, which doesn't include checked baggage, you can always add it as a travel extra.
Fastjet baggage allowances
• On most fastjet routes each guest is allowed to book up to 2 bags of 23 kg each.
• If your bag exceeds 23 kg, you will be charged extra for each additional kg.
• On all Mozambique routes each guest is allowed to bring only 1 bag with a total weight of 23 kg.
• On the Harare-Johannesburg route each guest is allowed to book up to 1 bag of 30 kg each.
• For safety reasons, no single item can exceed 32 kg or a combined dimension of 81 x 119 x 119 cm.
• Pre-book your baggage online (up to one hour prior to your flight departure), through the Call Centre or at a fastjet shop and pay half price.
• There is NO refund or partial payment if your bag weighs less than what was purchased.
• Sports and music equipment is not accepted as normal baggage and will be charged at the corresponding price. As space is limited it is advised that you pre-book sport or music equipment.
• Travel systems (baby stroller or pram) and up to two mobility aids fly FREE OF CHARGE.
Visit the fastjet Fees and Charges section for a comprehensive breakdown of these costs.
Fastjet now allows guests to travel with Smart Bags provided the lithium battery is disconnected and removed at the check-in counter, and the bag adheres to size and weight restrictions mentioned above. The battery must then be carried with you into the aircraft cabin. For safety reasons, if you are unable to remove the battery fastjet won't accept it for carriage. This is in line with IATA rules.