Fly To Luanda, Angola
Luanda the capital of Angola is a cosmopolitan city located bounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Many travelers to Angola are on business trips related to the exploration and production of Angolan crude oil and diamonds.
But there is more to Luanda than diamond and oil. It is the cultural melting pot of Angola and it landscape depicts natural splendor and beauty. The Several museums in Luanda, including the National museum of slavery are treasures to culture lovers.
The scenic sandy beaches of the island with nightclubs, restaurants, hotels and bars lined up makes Luanda a vacation destination for fun seekers.
Book cheap flights to Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport Luanda (LAD ) with Travelstart. Search and compare cheap flights and airlines on the booking engine above
Requirements for Entry to Luanda
- A Nigerian Passport with a minimum period validity of 6 months beyond the intended period of stay is needed at the time of travel.
- A Tourist Visa is required for Nigerians and can be obtained at Visa Section, Angolan Embassy, Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja.
Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport LAD
Quatro de Fevereiro airport has car rentals companies present at the terminals to take you to the city centre and other destinations. Public transportation is also available.
Luanda has an attraction for every tourist whether young or old. Some of the major attractions in this city are:
White sandy beaches: the beaches of Luanda have white sand with crystal clear water. Beaches lovers will be amazed at the Luanda beaches.
Kalandula waterfalls: not far from Luanda metropolis are located Kalandula Waterfalls. This is the third largest water falls in Africa. The falls are more than 105 meters high. Bird watching is another favorite attraction here.
Kissama Park: Kissama Park is large game reserve in Luanda. It offers a spectacular display of elephants and other wildlife. This park is awesome scenery
National monument: The national monument is a large tower in Luanda, it located around the museums and they have on exhibition something that is of interest to both the young and old.
The nightlife: party with the locals in one of the numerous nightclubs in Luanda. Dance the night away and just enjoy the night. Luanda nightlife is an exquisite experience you wouldn’t want to miss.
Things to Do
- Stroll on the white sandy beaches of Luanda and have a spectacular view of the ocean.
- Savor the taste of a local cuisine in one of the restaurants lined up along the beaches.
- Take unique photography of these natural attractions.
- Dance the night away in one of the nightclub. Or simple enjoy a cold beer while you listen to music and watching the locals partying hard.
- Visit the Beneficia Market and learn more about the culture of Angola. It is an exhilarating experience.
- Learn more about the history of black slavery at the National Museum of Slavery.
Hotels and Accommodation
Luanda hotels merge architectural splendor with natural spectacle. A lot of hotels are at the service of visitors with luxury lodgings and topnotch facilities. There are many hotels located along the beaches and at the city centre. Locating a hotel that matches your taste will not be a problem. However Luanda is one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Many reputable car rental companies offer their services in several locations in Luanda. Some of them are: Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Sixt. Hire a car with Travelstart.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Luanda is between May and September, when the temperature is warm and the rainfall is very minimal or has completely stopped.