Fly To Saint-Étienne, France
Saint-Etienne is the capital of the Loire department in the Rhone Alpes region.
Book the cheapest flights to St. Etienne tickets with Travelstart now!
Why visit St. Etienne?
- Though it’s not a touristic city, however you would find a few places of interest to visit, not to mention its proximity to Lyon which is less than 1 hour drive, along other intriguing attractions!
- It’s the second largest in the Rhone-Alpes Region after Lyon!
- It became a 'Town of Art and History' in 2000 and a 'City of Design' in 2010!
Spring -mid/late March till mid/late June- & Summer time -mid/late June till mid/late September.
French is the only official language of France and is by far the most widely spoken language in France. There are other languages like Norman, Occitan, Corsican, Basque, French Flemish and Brention that are spoken in certain regions.
Below are a few word that you must know."Bonjour"
French people are quite formal. Wishing somebody a "good day" or "good morning" is considered essential good manners."Merci"
Saying "thank you" always makes a good impression with waiting staff in restaurants, guides at museums and staff in hotels expected to look after you during your stay."Mon dieu"
Taking the Lord's name in vain may not be your usual way, but this standard French curse will carry you nicely through your shock over some of the ticket, hotel and restaurant prices in Saint-Étienne.
- AS Saint-Étienne arguably is the most successful club in French football history having won ten Ligue 1 titles, six Coupe de France titles, a Coupe de la Ligue title and five Trophée des Champions (the French Super Cup)
- AS St-Étienne -football club- nicknamed as The Greens won three successive French league titles starting in 1966.
- Saint-Étienne became an important textile center in the 19th century, where textile is still manufactured till that day.
- The city often hosts a stage of the Tour de France.
- Getting around Saint-Etienne is one of the easiest things one can enjoy thanks to an extended network of trams and buses covering the city, bicycle hire is also an option known as Velivert -while it’s Velib in Paris.
- The Quartier Saint Jacques is the place to be, if you are in for bars, restaurants, and a great atmosphere.
- The Place Jean Jaures which is filled with attractive statues, and fountains
- Cathedral Of Saint-Charles
- The Place de l'Hotel de Ville
- Étivallière sports park
- Loire cruises
- The Place du Peuple
- Museum Of Mine
- Museum of old Saint-Etienne
- Les Ateliers et le Conservatoire des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France.
- Planetarium of Saint-Étienne known as L'Astronef, the first in France to be in 3D
- Museum of the Resistance during the Second Wold War known as Mémorial de la Résistance et de la Déportation
The French are proud of their sophisticated way of cooking. Food and alcohol definitely play important roles within the French society. Bistrot le 15 restaurant and Le Derby restaurant- nestled in the heart of Saint-Étienne have become town favourites.
French people often consider the way a person eats reflects their French heritage, region of birth, social status, and health. This city has an abundance of places that could tease your tastes buds.
Most people are Catholic. Protestants, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists constitute the rest of the population, which makes it a city that is pretty open to other beliefs, and religions
Medical attendance is of very good quality. For emergencies you can call the ambulance by dialing 15 from any mobile phone or landline, and for tourist health care dial 112.
A Nigerian Passport with a minimum period validity of 6 months beyond the intended period of stay is needed at the time of travel.
A tourist visa is required for citizens of Nigeria and can be obtained at France Embassy 37 Udi Street off Aso Drive, Quartier
Nigerian Embassy in France
Address: 173 Ave Victor Hugo, 75116 Paris, France
Phone:+33 (0) 1 47 04 68 65
The information on this page is correct as of January 2016. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.com.ng takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.