Fly With KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Getting To Know KLM Airlines
KLM Royal Ductch airlines dedicated to innovation and improvement. From their newly designed World Business Class sections, attentiveness to personal care, chef-prepared in-flight dining, to their one-of-a-kind “Meet and Seat” passenger networking service that allows you to find out a bit more about who will be flying with you, KLM takes airline innovation to the next level.
KLM is commited to sustainable travel with their work towards actively reducing CO2 emissionshave led KLM to be awarded “best-in-class” status among all large international airlines for fuel efficiency.
A new program (CO2ZERO) allows travelers to contribute to lessoning the environmental impact of flying through investing in CO2 reduction projects worldwide.
Book cheap KLM flights with Travelstart today!
Why Fly With KLM
- Daily flights from Cairo to KLM’s main hub in Amsterdam take just over 4 hours of flying time. From there, connect to hundreds of destinations around the globe!
- Meet & Seat is KLM’s innovative program that lets you find out about interesting people who will be travelling on your KLM flight – and shows you where they will be sitting on board. To make use of this networking program, simply log in to My Trip or check in on KLM.com, and connect with your Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn account. Then you can see other passengers’ profile details and choose your seat based on a shared interest or destination (conference or training event) with your seat-mate.
- Meet & Seat is available for bookings made for only one passenger, for all KLM operated flights to and from Amsterdam, up to one hour before departure.
- Business Class – 2 bags each not to exceed 32 kg*
- Economy Class – 1 bags each not to exceed 23 kg*
*Passengers traveling within continental Europe (excluding trips part of a longer, intercontinental journey), and trips between Europe and Algeria, Israel, Morocco and Tunisia are allowed to bring hand-baggage ONLY
Additional and overweight luggage incurs an additional charge. Some destinations and flights have different luggage to be carried. To see specific baggage allowances for your flight, log into My Trip on the KLM Website.
One piece of carry-on sized luggage and one approved personal item (a purse, briefcase, laptop bag, small backpack, etc.) is allowed for all passengers in all cabins. Together these items are not to exceed 18 kg in Business Class and 12 kg in Economy Class.
Check in online via computer or smartphone, use an airport kiosk, or visit a service counter in order to check in for your flight. Check in online from 30 hours up until one hour before your departure time (or 24 hours up until one hour prior to boarding if you are flying to the US). For some flight routes, you have the option of checking in online and then having an electronic boarding pass sent via email or SMS to your smartphone.
On almost every intercontinental KLM flight, you will find your seat comes equipped with a personal interactive screen on which to enjoy any of the 1000 hours of entertainment options (movies, TV, music, games).
KLM’s selection of over 80 films – including the most recent releases – are updated around the first of every month. KLM currently only offers Wi-Fi on one of its Boeing 777-300 jets as a pilot program that could be expanded upon in the future.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines operates a fleet of 113 aircraft with an average age of 9 years flying to more than 90 destinations around the world.
KLM Royal Dutch and its skyteam partners together operate flights to more than 520 destinations in over 60 countries on six continents. KLM’s world-class fleet of signature blue jets is made up of Airbus, Boeing, and Embrear, Fokker, and McDonnel Douglas aircraft.
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|KL||Amsterdam Airport Schiphol||SkyTeam||Flying Blue||Holland Herald|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.