Fly With American Airlines
Getting to know American Airlines
A quick Google search for American Airlines will reveal that there is a unanimous understanding that it is indeed ‘the world’s largest airline’. Since merging with US Airways in 2013, the airline has accumulated a fleet of more than 1 000 aircraft, operating almost 6 700 flights to more than 330 destinations.
American Airlines has been around since 1930 and its growth model has largely been to merge with smaller airlines from the start. The airline has a total of 9 hubs, all located in cities across the US.
Book cheap American Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with American Airlines
- You have the option of booking a seat with up to six inches more legroom in economy class for a fee of $20. Not that much extra in the grand scheme of things!
- They offer WiFi on most of their aircraft. Unfortunately it’s not free, but if you have urgent work to do/want to stay in touch with someone, you could work it into your budge. There are various options at different prices!
- If you travel with your pets often, but hate the thought of them being uncomfortable during a flight, American Airlines has a solution. In 2015 they introduced first class cabins for pets, called Cuddle Class, which is available to first class passengers travelling between Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York!
American Airlines has a variety of different check in baggage options for different classes, regions and destinations. However, you will be safe to assume that the general free checked baggage limit for economy travellers is 23kg per piece for two pieces, and the general free checked baggage limit for business and first class is 32kg per piece for two pieces.
Parents travelling with infants are allowed to check in one collapsible stroller and one car seat per ticketed passenger.
Check inCheck in counter
If you are travelling within the US or to Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, arrive at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flights. International travellers should check in at least two hours before the scheduled departure time their flight.Self-service check in
Self-service kiosks at a select number of airports offer a convenient alternative for those who want to avoid the queues at the counter. Check in generally opens 4 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.Online check in
The most convenient way to check in for your flight by far! Online check in opens 24 hours and closes 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight. You have the option of either printing out your boarding pass or getting an e-boarding pass sent to your mobile phone.
Cabin classesCabin classes available in American Airlines fleet are as follows.
- Main Cabin (economy)
- Main Cabin Extra (premium economy)
- Domestic first class
- Business Class
- Flagship Suite
American has dedicated 17 Airbus A321s in its fleet for the specific use of flying transcontinental routes between New York JFK–Los Angeles and New York JFK–San Francisco.
They offer only:
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is American Airlines’ primary and also largest hub. Apart from this one there are eight others across the US:
Top destinations for American Airlines:
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- O’Hare International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbour International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Ronald Regan Washington National Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|AA||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||Oneworld||AAdvantage||American Way Magazine|
The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.com.ng takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.