Curious to know what life is like in the oil-rich Kuwait? Well, now is the time to explore the best of the “Hollywood of the Gulf”. Follow our easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Kuwait visa. Soon, you’ll be visiting popular attractions like the Grand Mosque, Sharq Mall and Souq Al Mubarakiya.
Nigerian passport holders require a visit visa for Kuwait. In order to obtain a visit visa, you must be sponsored by a Kuwait company or relative that is a foreign resident in the country.
Please check your eligibility before beginning the application process, and submitting your application well in advance of flight departure.
Please note this process is applicable to Nigerian passport holders.
Types of Visas
Kuwait Visit Visa
This visa must be sponsored by a Kuwaiti company or by a relative that is an official resident in Kuwait. There are two types of visit visas, namely the visit visa for business and the visit visa for relatives. The Kuwait visit visas are valid for entry within 90 days of issue. You are allowed to stay in Kuwait for up to 30 days after entry.
Kuwait Multiple Entry Visit Visa
With a multiple entry visit visa, you are able to enter Kuwait as many times as you want to within a one-year period. This visa is recommended for business-sponsored foreigners. However, the sponsor must be the Ministry of Defense.
The transit visa is issued to those who wish to pass through Kuwait to another country. The transit visa is valid for seven days from the date of issue. You must provide a visa to your end destination before the transit visa will be issued. The transit visa can be obtained from the port authority in Kuwait or from its consulate abroad.
Once all your documents are completed, including medical results and certificates, the processing time for a Kuwait visit visa is approximately two working days. It is possible for hotels to act as a sponsor to arrange a visit visa, this process will take around seven days.
How to Collect Your Visa?
Your sponsor can fax you a copy of the visa to enable you to enter Kuwait. Once you arrive at the airport, you must collect the original visa papers at the Immigration area, to allow you entry into the country.
The cost of the Kuwait Visit Visa is KD3 (₦3,547). The visa fee must be paid (in cash) at the Kuwait Embassy in Abuja.
Kuwait Visa Requirements
You will need the following documents:
- A completed visa application form, along with the necessary declaration
- A valid passport
- 1 x Copy of passport
- 2 x Passport photos
- Original valid resident visa and one copy (for foreign national sponsors)
- Latest bank statement (including one copy)
- Issued police clearance
- Travel health insurance confirmation letter stating coverage
- Reference letter from your employer or educational institution
- Original health certificate stamped by a medical doctor certifying that you are in good health and free from contagious diseases. In addition to the health certificate, you must provide negative lab results for HIV (AIDS test), hepatitis B and C, malaria, filariasis, syphilis and a chest X-Ray for tuberculosis.
Additional documents are required for the Visit Visa for Business:
- Kuwait Visit Visa application with security form filled out by the sponsor
- Copy of sponsor’s signature as registered for business purposes
- Copy of sponsor’s letter of invitation for the business, stating the purpose of the visit
How to Apply
- Fax a copy of your passport to the Kuwait sponsor.
- The Kuwait sponsor will start the visa process by applying to the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait.
- Once the visa is granted at the Ministry of Interior, the sponsor can fax a copy of the visa to you.
- You can then have your visa processed and passport stamped at the Kuwait Embassy in Abuja.
- At the embassy in Abuja, pay the visa fee and get your passport stamped.
- Obtain the original visa, at the airport, upon entering the country.
- You will need your original documents to retrieve your original visa at the Immigrations area.
Kuwait Embassy, Abuja
|Address:||24 Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja|
|Contact:||0807 774 4222|
|Business Hours:||Monday to Friday – 09:00-12:00|
Feeling excited to finally get your Kuwait visa application underway? With this resourceful guide, you should be feeling confident and ready to get your Kuwait visa today! Soon you’ll be visiting Kuwait City where you can shop and enjoy amazing cuisine to your heart’s content.
Have you recently applied for a Kuwait visa? Let us know about your experience in the comments below.
All information on this blog page was correct at the time of publishing and may change at any time without prior notice. Travelstart is not affiliated to immigration authorities or their application centres and will not be liable for loss or inconvenience arising from the use of this volatile information.
Travelstart does not provide advice or assist with processing visas. The content of this article is listed as recommended by research and the Kuwait embassy. Kindly check the embassy’s website BEFORE applying for your visa.