Fly With Gulf Air
Getting to know Gulf Air
Gulf Air is the flag carrier airline of Bahrain, and a 3-star airline by Skytrax. Started its services in 1950 as a small scale commuter service, serving the oil fields of the Gulf and some regional customers. Now it's a major international airline fully owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain, serving over 30 destinations worldwide.
Book cheap Gulf Air flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Gulf Air ?
- Flying with children? No worries! Now you can enjoy your own meal, take a peaceful break or have some much needed sleep during your long flight anxiety-free, knowing that there is a watchful eye on your little ones. Sky Nanny is a unique service Gulf Air provides free of charge, with nannies specially trained for inflight childcare services.
- Getting bored easily over the skies? You don't have to! With Gulf Air's Gulf Life inflight magazine, On Air entertainment magazine, newspapers and Falcon Entertainment system which is offering a wide selection of radio shows, international movies, kids movies and music; you can read, watch your favorite video program or movie, listen to some music, enjoy your time and have a fun flight.
- In addition to having codeshare agreements with many airlines worldwide, Gulf Air has placed orders for 42 new aircraft including 16 Boeing-787 Dreamliner, in order to expand its network and extend its long haul flights to more destinations.
- Falcon Gold: 40 kg.
- Economy Class: 30 kg.
- Infant: 10 kg, plus a collapsible stroller/pushchair and an infant car seat.
- Falcon Gold: One bag and one briefcase, 9 kg combined.
- Economy Class: One bag, 6 kg.
- Infant: One bag, 3 kg.
Each piece of checked-in baggage should not exceed 32 kg, with the maximum dimensions of 95cm x 75cm x 45cm. Passengers flying on a codeshare flight, are subject to the checked-in baggage policy of the airline operating the flight.
You can check in Online starting 24 hours until 90 minutes before your departure time, choose your preferred seat from an interactive seat map and print your Boarding Pass while in comfort at your home.
Flying from Bahrain? Now you can check-in at the airport up to 24 hours earlier, get your boarding pass and later you can proceed directly to the departure gate just an hour prior to your flight's take-off time.
At most airports, ordinary check-in counters open 3 hours before the scheduled departure time and close 60 minutes prior to it.
Gulf Air operates 28 Airbus aircraft flying from its main base in Bahrain International Airport to 38 destinations in 23 countries across Asia, Africa and Europe; featuring London, Paris, Frankfurt, Dubai, Delhi, Karachi and Mumbai, with scheduled flights from Cairo and Alexandria to Bahrain where you can connect to your next flight. Among these destinations, the following are the most popular:
- Bahrain – BAH
- Bangkok – BKK
- Dar Es Salaam – DAR
- Abu Dhabi – AUH
- Jeddah – JED
- Muscat – MCT
- London - LHR
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|GF||Bahrain International Airport||None||Falcon Flyer||Gulf Life Magazine|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of November 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.