Dubai is an intriguing destination abound with so many exquisite sights and things to do. If you’ve been dreaming of exploring this wonderful city, now is the time to book your ticket! Follow our easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Dubai visa, and you’ll soon be marveling at the views atop Burj Khalifa or wandering along the pearly-white beaches of Palm Jumeirah. Avoid the unnecessary stress that comes with applying for a visa with the help of this Dubai visa guide.
Please check your eligibility before beginning the application process and submitting your application well in advance of flight departure. Once you have your visa, all that’s left to do is pack your bags!
Please note this process is applicable to Nigerian passport holders.
Types of Visas
96-Hour Visa: You are only eligible to stay in the UAE for a maximum of 96 hours. It is best suited for travellers who plan to stay for a period of less than 4 days in the country.
14-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 14-day stay from the date of issue.
30-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 30-day stay.
90-Day Visa: It is valid for 90 days and great for travellers who are going to Dubai on holiday or to visit family and friends.
The 30-day tourist visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue. This Dubai visa is only valid for a family travelling for tourist purposes.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after departing from the UAE.
The processing time for a Dubai visa is between 2 and 8 days, depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
|Visa Type||Visa Fee|
|90-Day Multi-Entry Long Term Visa||₦154,000|
|30-Day Multi-Entry Short Term Visa||₦61,000|
Payments are to be made at the VFS Dubai Visa Application Centre. You are required to obtain your electronic receipt when making the payment.
Dubai Visa Requirements
You will need the following documents for all UAE visa types:
- Nigerian passport.
- Photocopies of your ID card and passport (including valid and expired visas).
- Visa application form (which must be filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant).
- A copy of a confirmed itinerary (round trip tickets). Visitors without a return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of financial status – a copy of your recent bank statement.
- For tourists: A letter from your employer, stating that you have been granted leave and that you will be returning to your job when you get back. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
- For visitors visiting a relative or friend, you must provide a letter of invitation from your host. The letter should include the contact information of your host, address, signature, and date; a copy of their UAE passport information page or residence permit.
- A copy of hotel reservation.
- For the short term 30-day visitor visa, the main applicant must be of high profession and must provide evidence of the profession.
Where to Apply
Dubai Visa applicants can locate a VFS Processing Centre in Lagos:
|Address:||VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos|
|Contact:||+234 8150188800 / info@firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Operating Times:||Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00|
There is parking available on the VFS Global premises. Buses, motorbike taxis (okadas) and taxis are available to transport you to the Visa Application Centre.
How to book an appointment
When applying for your Dubai visa at VFS Global, you are required to do the following:
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit all mandatory documents.
- Pay the application fee.
Submissions are accepted between 8 am and 3 pm, Monday to Friday.
Where to Print
Print Centre Limited
|Address:||Block 68, Plot 23, Bisola Durosinmi Etti Drive, lekki Phase One, Lagos, Lekki Phase I, Lekki|
|Contact:||+234 453 0859|
|Address:||Igbo Efon, Lekki, 6 Baala Street, Lekki Peninsula II, Lekki|
|Contact:||+234 818 817 1660|
All information on this blog page was correct at the time of publishing and may change at any time without prior notice. Travelstart is not affiliated to immigration authorities or their application centres and will not be liable for loss or inconvenience arising from the use of this volatile information.
Travelstart does not provide advice or assist with processing visas. The content of this article is listed as recommended by research and the Dubai embassy. Kindly check the embassy’s website BEFORE applying for your visa.